Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Saturday, 28th March


The SÍnestas concert
At Wilfredo Lam I meet Black Box, a group of Nigerian photographers who have just arrived to set up their work. I wait at the cathedral steps to meet Susel who has agreed to accompany me shopping. She arrives 45 minutes late, just as I was about to give up on her. We haggle for curios in the markets and I walk away with a bag full of treasures. We walk along the seaboard from Malecón and have a drink in a bar overlooking Havana (Edificio FOSCA). At the huge modernist hotel the Havana Libre, I buy some cigars. We bump into a friend of Susel’s who gives us concert tickets to Síntesis, a group consisting of X-Alfonso’s parents and sister. We attend this and then party until sunrise.
The view from Edificio FOSCA

No comments:

Post a Comment